Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ward Conferences 2012


This is my first year of Ward Conferences as the Oakland Stake Young Women's President.  I have the best counselors and secretary ever and we are having so much fun planning for our meetings.

We decided to meet with the just the YW so we would have more time and could address any concerns they had.   We put some great quotes up on the board and talked about them with the girls.  Since we met with each Ward individually, we made about 9 sets of breakfast muffins and fruit trays.  I was afraid I was making life difficult for my Presidency and said I would make all of the food myself because I didn't want it to be store-bought, but they were all happy to jump in and helped make things every week.  They are the best!

We played a personal progress game, made by the lovely Kelley.  The girls seemed to really enjoy it and did a great job discussing the questions.

We made our own poster-sized version of "MormonAds" with my favorite inspirational quotes and amazing photographs taken by the brilliant Marianna! We also had them made into 4x6 prints so the Young Women could take them home if they wanted to and a leader reported to me later that some of the girls had put them on the covers of their school binders to remind themselves of what is most important.

"If this isn't your castle, you're not my prince."

"If you don't know where you are going, how will you know when you get there?"

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

"Dream big!  Don't give up what you want MOST for what you want NOW."
 

I love these Oakland Stake Young Women!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: