Sunday, March 18, 2012

Priest/Laurel Formal: Mormon Prom


Priest/Laurel Formal March 17, 2012

Marianna, Kelley, me, Julie

Awesome Oakland Stake Young Women's Presidency!  I love these ladies :)


Our Stake was in charge of the food for the Priest/Laurel Formal (Mormon Prom) and spend the entire evening in the kitchen and cleaning up but it was worth it!  The Young Men's Presidency was great too and built a two-tiered structure so the food would be on two levels and they built a tubing structure over the food and hung twinkling lights from it to add to the ambiance.

BBQ meatballs


Potstickers

Shamrock ravioli (it was St. Patricks Day, after all)

Chocolate Fountain!

I didn't take pictures of the rest of the food or the dancers, but the kids ate almost everything. I made over 500 parmesan prosciutto puff pasty sticks, and we had cheesy bread, veggie trays, and more.   It was great to see over 400 kids, 16-18 year old boys and girls, in modest prom attire and dancing appropriately.  I am thankful I have the opportunity to work with such great youth!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: